mandag 3. april 2017

MixMedia styled card

Hello everyone.

Back with another card for the challenge at the House of Cards.
This month it is all about feathers and/or colors. I choose to do both, and here is my card.
I knew right away when we got the theme for this challenge. 

I wanted to make a mixmedia card, based on a card I have made on 
class with Kirsten Hyde a while ago.
For my card I have used die cuts, flower, sequins, chains and feathers (from an old earring)
Embosssed a white paper and added some Distress ink randomly and disstressed egdes and torn them to. 
Build up the the card layers with the die cuts and foam tape and the flowers. The feathers I stuck under this layers. The sequins feader I put randomly inbetween the flowers. Secured the chains under all the layers with a tweezer.
I have seen a quot that I just loved, and wanted to try out lettering, and for once I was happy with it.
Found it useful to do it on a narrow strip of paper, easier to do an even size for the letters. 
Then I use some light Gesso, acrylic paint and acrylic marker and made drops around the card in two shade of torquise, one with shimmer. Painted also on the chains with the shimmer one. 

Head over to the blog and see the other girls fabulous creations and I would love to see your take on the challenges over at the House of Cards.

(✿*‿*) Ma


I entered my card to these challenges:
15/4-17 Words and Paintery - You are a Diamond dear
16/4-17 Scrappiness - #3 Mixed Media 
25/4-17 Hobbygarasjen - #47 Alt er lov
30/4-17 Hjerteboden - Vårfornemmelser med Blomster

13 kommentarer:

  1. Så nydelige farger og flott bakgrunn for blomstene
    Takk for at du deltar hos Hobbygarasjen.no
    DT Jorunn Elin

    SvarSlett
  2. Such a beautiful card, Merethe, and fantastic way to reuse the earring ! Heather HOC teammie

    SvarSlett
  3. Kul bakgrunn på kortet. Lekre farger og oppsett. Likte den håndskrevne teksten. Takk for at du deltar hos Hjerteborden sin utfordring denne mnd. Klem DT-Gunn

    SvarSlett
  4. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Words & Paintery Challenge.

    SvarSlett
  5. Really beautiful ...thanks for joining us at words&paintery

    SvarSlett
  6. Ma, this card is stunning! I would hang this on my wall! Beautiful! Hugs, Christi (HOC teamie) Art without Anxiety {My Personal Blog}

    SvarSlett
  7. Such a great card! Love the texture.
    Thanks for joining us at Words&Paintery

    SvarSlett
  8. Beautiful card and layering and background and so interesting. Thanks for playing along with Words and Paintery.

    SvarSlett
  9. What a beautiful card! I love all the details! Thanks for joining our challenge at Scrappiness, #3 Mixed Media. Hugs, DT Helga 😊

    SvarSlett
  10. This is so beautiful Merethe! Love the colours you have used and the lovely embellishments!

    Fabulous make for the House of Cards!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    SvarSlett
  11. This is SO pretty with so many gorgeous details! I LOVE it!
    Take care!
    Michele

    SvarSlett
  12. Hi Merethe is a really amazing card... i love the textures and flowers! Enjoy. Paula

    SvarSlett

Happy for all comments.
(✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)